Title: Lead Researcher
Employment Period: 10 months (From March to December 2017)
Transparency International Malaysia will conduct a 10-months project to assess the status of key thematic areas which enable the business sector to act with integrity. The project called Business Integrity Country Agenda (BICA): A study of Business Integrity in Malaysia. The project’s objectives are:
- To produce a relevant body of evidence and a shared diagnosis on business integrity in Malaysia.
- To formulate and set in motion a widely shared agenda for reform which seeks to reduce corruption in and from the country’s business sector.
- A minimum of degree in business administration, public administration, law or another related social sciences. Candidate with Master or PhD with research experience will have an added advantage.
- Proven expertise in research and analysis on anti-corruption, with particularly strong knowledge of the country’s business integrity issues
- The ability to present comprehensive data and analysis in an easy-to-understand and appealing way for policy and advocacy purposes
- An excellent understanding of the legal framework regarding business integrity and public service processes (for example, public procurement, customs and taxes)
- Solid experience in working with/applying quantitative indicators and rating methodologies
- Proven experience in using participatory research techniques involving stakeholders from multiple backgrounds
- Proven experience in conducting expert interviews
- Familiarity with the transparency, accountability and anti-corruption procedures of companies
- Proven commitment to practical policy reform and evidence-based advocacy in the field of anti-corruption and good governance
- The ability to write succinctly and for a non-academic audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and able to speak Malay
- Prepare for and attend the assessment kick-off workshop
- Support preparation and participate in kick-off workshop with National Advisory Group (NAG)
- Support decision on local adaptations
- Research, assess and document the assessment for all indicators of the BICA Assessment Framework within the agreed timeline and based on the standards laid out in the Conceptual Framework for a BICA assessment
- Manage research team
- Conduct expert interviews per indicator if data is not available
- Interact with Transparency International Malaysia as well as members of the NAG (mentors) on the various thematic areas regarding data collection, scoring and verification
- Participate in monthly progress calls with BICA project team in TI Malaysia and TI Secretariat
- Identify possible strategies and recommendations based on assessment result
- Write draft BICA Assessment Report
- Support preparation and participate in review meeting with NAG
- Revise draft BICA assessment report based on feedback from TI Malaysia, NAG and TI-Secretariat in Berlin
- Contribute to promotional events surrounding the launch of the BICA report
- Participate in subsequent internal strategizing and action planning workshop (optional)
How to Apply
Interested candidate is welcome to submit your application with resume/curriculum vitae and project planning to email@example.com before 1st March 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview to present your BICA assessment project planning. You are required to study the Conceptual Framework for a BICA assessment at
Internship for Media/Art Students 2017
- Coordinate administrative and project requirements
- Research and assist in the preparation and development of documents, training materials and manuals related to TI-M’s projects
- Prepare reports on project activities and upcoming project plans
- Monitor progress of project deliverables and plan accordingly
- Promote, coordinate and implement project requirements
- Liaise with external parties on matters arising and matters related to the project
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with stakeholders and other related parties
- Prepare and assist in preparing new project proposals and plans
- Plan, assist and implement fundraising activities
- Travel both locally and internationally as per project requirement, developments and assignments
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Manager
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and with a high level of commitment to ensure output is achieved on time and to a high standard
- Candidate must possess or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design/Creative Multimedia, Mass Communications, Advertising/Media, Humanities/Liberal Arts or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Outlook, Word, MS Excel.
- Preferred skill(s): anti-corruption initiatives, transparency and good governance.
- Required language(s): English
- Applicants must be willing to work in Petaling Jaya.
Internship applications are accepted throughout the year.