Accounts cum Admin Executive
Title: Accounts cum Admin Executive
Reporting to: Treasurer/Executive Director/ Manager
Overall responsibility for providing administrative and operational leadership to ensure effective achievement of Transparency International-Malaysia’s (TI-M) project mission through overseeing research, policy and programme development, advocacy, fundraising, communications, capacity and coalition building and developing strong relationships with TI Secretariat, other TI chapters, foreign missions, governments departments, partner agencies, donors, funders and other national and international organizations, as well as managing budget and ensuring all smooth day-to-day operations of project(s) assigned.
- Payments – timely updating the accounts according to the nature of the transaction, proper filing payment vouchers in a sequential manner for easy retrieval.
- Receipts – Identify all receipts received and update the accounts according to the nature of the receipts
- Petty cash – Update all petty cash payments and reimbursements accordingly and post the transactions to the accounts correctly according to the nature of transactions.
- Fixed deposits – Update the fixed deposits for all additions and withdrawals in the accounts accordingly and update interest received on a timely basis.
- Updating the fixed asset register whenever a new addition is made.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statement at the end of each month for all bank accounts maintained by TI-M. Any discrepancies and reconciling items must be investigated and update the accounts accordingly.
- Timely preparation of monthly management accounts after the end of each month by the 21st of the following month.
- Making the necessary journal adjustments for accruals and prepayments of expenses at the end of each month and update the accounts accordingly.
- Perform general administrative duties and clerical support as required – but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Liaising (both verbally and electronically) with members of the Society, press and other stakeholders on matters related to the Society’s functions
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system of the Society’s documents
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, company credit cards and office keys
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Maintain membership records and staff leave records
- Support staff in assigned project based work
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Business Major in Accounting/ or relevant tertiary education qualifications.
- Good networking with multi-stakeholder contacts.
- Pleasant personality and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce international standard report and proposals.
Title: Lead Researcher
Employment Period: 10 months (From March to December 2017)
Transparency International Malaysia will conduct a 10-months project to assess the status of key thematic areas which enable the business sector to act with integrity. The project called Business Integrity Country Agenda (BICA): A study of Business Integrity in Malaysia. The project’s objectives are:
- To produce a relevant body of evidence and a shared diagnosis on business integrity in Malaysia.
- To formulate and set in motion a widely shared agenda for reform which seeks to reduce corruption in and from the country’s business sector.
- A minimum of degree in business administration, public administration, law or another related social sciences. Candidate with Master or PhD with research experience will have an added advantage.
- Proven expertise in research and analysis on anti-corruption, with particularly strong knowledge of the country’s business integrity issues
- The ability to present comprehensive data and analysis in an easy-to-understand and appealing way for policy and advocacy purposes
- An excellent understanding of the legal framework regarding business integrity and public service processes (for example, public procurement, customs and taxes)
- Solid experience in working with/applying quantitative indicators and rating methodologies
- Proven experience in using participatory research techniques involving stakeholders from multiple backgrounds
- Proven experience in conducting expert interviews
- Familiarity with the transparency, accountability and anti-corruption procedures of companies
- Proven commitment to practical policy reform and evidence-based advocacy in the field of anti-corruption and good governance
- The ability to write succinctly and for a non-academic audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and able to speak Malay
- Prepare for and attend the assessment kick-off workshop
- Support preparation and participate in kick-off workshop with National Advisory Group (NAG)
- Support decision on local adaptations
- Research, assess and document the assessment for all indicators of the BICA Assessment Framework within the agreed timeline and based on the standards laid out in the Conceptual Framework for a BICA assessment
- Manage research team
- Conduct expert interviews per indicator if data is not available
- Interact with Transparency International Malaysia as well as members of the NAG (mentors) on the various thematic areas regarding data collection, scoring and verification
- Participate in monthly progress calls with BICA project team in TI Malaysia and TI Secretariat
- Identify possible strategies and recommendations based on assessment result
- Write draft BICA Assessment Report
- Support preparation and participate in review meeting with NAG
- Revise draft BICA assessment report based on feedback from TI Malaysia, NAG and TI-Secretariat in Berlin
- Contribute to promotional events surrounding the launch of the BICA report
- Participate in subsequent internal strategizing and action planning workshop (optional)
How to Apply
Interested candidate is welcome to submit your application with resume/curriculum vitae and project planning to email@example.com before 1st March 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview to present your BICA assessment project planning. You are required to study the Conceptual Framework for a BICA assessment at
Internship for Media/Art Students 2017
- Coordinate administrative and project requirements
- Research and assist in the preparation and development of documents, training materials and manuals related to TI-M’s projects
- Prepare reports on project activities and upcoming project plans
- Monitor progress of project deliverables and plan accordingly
- Promote, coordinate and implement project requirements
- Liaise with external parties on matters arising and matters related to the project
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with stakeholders and other related parties
- Prepare and assist in preparing new project proposals and plans
- Plan, assist and implement fundraising activities
- Travel both locally and internationally as per project requirement, developments and assignments
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Manager
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and with a high level of commitment to ensure output is achieved on time and to a high standard
- Candidate must possess or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design/Creative Multimedia, Mass Communications, Advertising/Media, Humanities/Liberal Arts or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Outlook, Word, MS Excel.
- Preferred skill(s): anti-corruption initiatives, transparency and good governance.
- Required language(s): English
- Applicants must be willing to work in Petaling Jaya.
Internship applications are accepted throughout the year.