Join TI’s First International Youth Camp in Cambodia! Come and learn about anti-corruption work while engaging with fellow representatives from Asia-Pacific
TI Cambodia will host the first International Youth Camp for ‘Youth Empowerment for Transparency and Integrity’ (YETI) on 4-10 January 2015 in Siem Reap province. Participants from Cambodia and six countries from the Asia Pacific will share their knowledge and experience and learn about transparency, integrity and the causes and consequences of corruption.
TI chapters from Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam and Cambodia will all send delegates to the week-long event. If you want to stand a chance to attend the camp, meet fellow anti-corruption activists from across the region and have a great time, do not hesitate to apply!
To be eligible you must:
- Be between 15-30 years old;
- Be a high school or university student;
- Speak fluent English;
- Be passionate about the fight against corruption and willing to be a role model;
- Be familiar with the internet, email and social media;
- Show integrity, accountability and open-mindedness;
- Be committed to share and learn from others during the camp and participate in all camp activities;
- Show enthusiasm for teamwork and be happy to share tents for accommodation;
- Be ready to share the lessons learnt and initiate integrity projects after the camp back in Malaysia.
At the International Youth Camp you will:
- Learn how to become socially responsible and share knowledge;
- Stand a chance to meet with youth from Cambodia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam;
- Become part of an active youth network fighting corruption across the Asia Pacific;
- Have a unique cultural learning experience;
- Get the chance to visit the famous Angkor Wat temples.
Note: All expenses (accommodation, food, and transportation) will be covered by TI-Malaysia and TI Cambodia
How to Apply?
You can download the application form here:
YETI Registration Form_Malaysia
- Application forms must be submitted to: email@example.com
- Please include in the e-mail subject: ‘Application for TI’s Youth Camp’
- You may include an additional sheet of paper for your answers if necessary (please keep your answers succinct).
TI-Malaysia is committed to have participants from all backgrounds in terms of gender, religions and culture. Individuals from all backgrounds, women and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The deadline for applications is: 05 December 2014.
We will contact you in advance if you have been shortlisted.
Local contact (Malaysia): Ms. Jessica Sercombe, 03 7960 6630
Note: 1 Female, 1 Male participant will represent Malaysia.