TI-M believes money politic is the root of all evil and urges Umno to waste no time in carrying out these reforms.
What Tengku, who has is in the running for president, needs to do is:
- Avoid money politics as this has tarnish image of Umno.
- Remove this shameful practice from the party.
- Formulate a good manifesto which outlines how this will be achieved.
- Umno’s leadership should organise debates on this and other pertinent matters.
-Ensure that self interest is not the only motivation to contest for president.
- Learn previous lessons including the rejection of the party by voters.
- Take serious action against those found guilty of money politics including expelling them from Umno.
-The party’s secretariat must effectively prevent vote buying.
- Most importantly a leader must lead by example and walk the talk.
Dato’ Akhbar Satar
Transparency International Malaysia